Current job openings at InterTalk™ Critical Information Systems:
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Our team of highly skilled technicians is expanding and are looking for an Electronic Technician with strong initiative, who is excited to work on equipment that helps save lives.
Who are we? In short, we’re a fast growing, award-winning company with focus on mission-critical communications that help our customers save lives. We are radio, console and dispatch experts. We are innovative, collaborative and supportive. We work with an impressive range of clients in the public safety sector within North America and our equipment handles over 10 million calls per year!
From troubleshooting, testing and repair, to assembling equipment and building systems, to documentation, shipping and receiving – the work that you do will make a difference for our incredible team of talented individuals and for our customers. Travel may be required from time to time, where you would work directly at our customer installation sites – here you get to see the impact and importance of the work you complete everyday.
Candidates should have a keen mechanical interest and a desire to produce high quality work, in addition to an Electronic Technician/Technologist certification or equivalent experience.
InterTalk™ Critical Information Systems is an award-winning, leading-edge company in the field of electronic communications. Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, InterTalk designs, manufactures and sells electronic communications equipment to public safety agencies around the world. In addition, InterTalk’s equipment is used by railroads, airports and electrical utility companies to ensure the safety of their employees and to handle day-to-day operations, logistics, planning and emergency situations.
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Electronics Technician will be responsible for:
- Building equipment and systems, including hardware assembly, wiring and cabling
- Troubleshooting and repairing electronics and equipment
- Testing against quality test plans to ensure proper performance and operation
- Preparing, sending and receiving equipment shipments
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation, as required
- Completing on-site commissioning, installation and troubleshooting of hardware, software and systems, as required
- Assisting with logistics of system implementation
- Supporting company policies and operations related to ISO9001 quality and ISO27001 data security standards
- All other related duties as required
- Note that this job may require travel from time to time
- Soldering skills using basic tools and surface mount hot air devices
- Troubleshooting capabilities in electronics down to board and component level
- Ability to use electronic troubleshooting instruments (oscilloscopes, TIMS etc.)
- Computer proficiency: Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite/Windows; software installations
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of initiative
- Must be team oriented
- Electronic Technician/Technologist certification or equivalent experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Written and/or verbal French communication skills would be an asset
- Experience working in a Linux environment would be an asset
- Amateur radio background would be an asset
InterTalk is an equal opportunity employer. If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please complete your application, including your resume and a cover letter stating salary expectations here: https://tinyurl.com/muerfa3x
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer.
Only applicants legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this opportunity. Position is on-site at our headquarters location in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Job Type: Full-time
Extended health care
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
COVID Workplan in place. Screening questions to building for entry.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Dartmouth, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)