Current job openings at InterTalk™ Critical Information Systems:
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Back-end Web)
Our team of highly motivated software developers is expanding and looking for a web developer with back-end “communications tech” chops who is excited to work on software that helps people save lives. We work with a wide range of clients within the public-safety sector who require intuitive, seamless workflows and highly reliable software. Our new developer should have a keen interest in modern web development including WebRTC and Web Audio and must possess a desire to produce bold and innovative solutions. Candidates should have a background in software systems development and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the Software Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Working cohesively on a team of software and systems developers and engineers building mission-critical communications products and services
- Developing highly-reliable progressive web applications and web services integrating rich and varying media, IoT and information technologies.
- Contributing to software and hardware product design and development within the following areas: bug fixes, hardware verification testing, developing automated test frameworks, adding new software features to existing products and optimizing developer tools and frameworks
- Contributing to software quality through code-review of peer-submitted change-sets
- Attending all necessary software-development or engineering meetings
- Contributing to team efforts by completing related tasks as needed
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system
- Providing input to system testing and validation procedures
- Developing software and system documentation
- Supporting company policies and operations related to ISO9001 quality and ISO27001 data security standards
- WebRTC, ICE/STUN/TURN, video/teleconferencing over the public internet
- WebAudio or other experience performing audio manipulation or DSP in a modern web browser environment
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment Pipelines, Pull Requests, and Distributed Version Control
- Linux (Ubuntu/RHEL/CentOS) system administration (Bash)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of practical experience working with a team-oriented software company
- Experience with secure development practices
- Secure coding experience, including SSL/TLS deployment would be an asset
- Requirements analysis, architecture, design, UML and adherence to enterprise quality management systems would be an asset
- Experience with Docker, Docker Swarm, Podman, Kubernetes would be an asset
- IP networking would be an asset
- HyperCloud deployment using command line tools would be an asset
- Geographic Information System (GIS) experience would be an asset
- Security Penetration Testing would be an asset
- Enterprise Data Management would be an asset
- Previous experience building public safety software would be an asset
InterTalk is an equal opportunity employer. If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter in Word or PDF format to email@example.com stating interest and salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer.
Only applicants legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this opportunity.